County officials shared several updates on actions taken at the August 4 and 5 Board of Supervisors meeting.
· The County will pilot a no-appointment testing site at the U.S./Mexico Border at the Pedestrian bridge. Officials anticipate conducting 200 tests per day
· Supervisors approved a proposal to allow outdoor worship services and fitness activities at County parks. Details are being finalized for permitting those activities
· Supervisors approved several actions to allocate additional funds for child care providers; support for senior food delivery, food banks, and Great Plates program; and funds for small business stimulus efforts in each Supervisorial district
· The County now meets Trigger #11 – Case Investigation. The County remains non-compliant for Case Rate and Community Outbreaks. There have been 10 new community outbreaks so far in August
· Mauricio Torres from South Bay Community Services provided an update on the work promotoras are doing in South County to support outreach efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and speak with individuals who have tested positive. He emphasized that promotoras are bilingual in English/Spanish and are trained to work in the community and will help residents who have tested positive to understand and access the health care resources available.
As of August 5, Global cases are 18,601,795 and 702,164 deaths; United States cases are 4,789,383 with 157,266 deaths; California, 526,968 cases with 9,708 deaths. In San Diego County, there are 30,864 cases and 578 deaths. There have been 2,655 residents admitted to the hospital with 666 of those admitted to the ICU. As of August 4, there are 3,971 cases in Chula Vista.
Marketing and Communications Manager
City of Chula Vista
Office of Communications/City Manager s Office
276 Fourth Ave.
Chula Vista, CA 91910