The County did not hold a media briefing today; one will be held Friday, June 5. Below is today’s update on cases from the County Health and Human Services Agency.
• Of 3,714 tests reported to the County yesterday, Wednesday, June 3, 2020; 142 or 4% were positive new cases.
• The 14-day rolling average percentage of positive tests, shown in the first attached chart, is 2.9%.
• San Diego County resident total cases are now at 7,940, an increase from yesterday of 142.
• 1,383 or 17.4% of cases have required hospitalization.
• 395 or 5% of all cases had to be admitted to an Intensive Care Unit.
• City of Chula Vista has 1,179 cases
• Five additional local deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today. This brings total deaths to 288.
• The deaths were four men and one woman; their ages ranged from 38 to 91 years.
• All but one had underlying medical conditions.